All Things Altpick

Sup blog. I just got back from the MFA thesis shows for both the Illustration and Design programs. Congrats to both, as the show was outstanding as usual. Being that I'm in the Illustration program, I have to give credit where credit is due. I'm always amazed at the variety of the work, and how individual progress occurs with few stylistic overlaps. Also, it was a well curated show. Great stuff.

Onto other things. I've been doing a lot of stuff for The Alternative Pick and I have a couple of cool projects I'm currently working on that're really exciting. Here are some small things I did for them very recently:

This is the media kit for the new Altpick Double Deck coming out next year. The constant challenge is not to repeat yourself, so I'm gonna try some things I've never done before. This media kit, however, isn't indicative of the deck and stands alone. But I still like the way it turned out despite the amount of necessary copy.



And here's a postcard version of the Altpick ad which will be used at ICON (Illustrator's CONference) this year. I was experimenting with layout on this one, and I like it. I tend to like stuff that hearkens back to the days of early computing.



Thats it for now blog. Next time I'll have summore pretty pictures.

"satisfaction is a type of death"