finally...The Altpick Double Deck

Hi Blog. First off, tonight is the opening reception for the 2009 MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Thesis Show. The gallery doors have been open since May 1st, but its official tonight, with lots of wine and cheese. I've posted a couple of previews but will post the full series on my website soon.

Speaking of websites, I haven't updated it in a while, but that'll change today as I've updated it with all my recent projects. Also, I've put my blog link first, since I post on here fairly regularly. I plan to integrate the blog into the site soon, but just not this second.

Anyway, the third edition of the Alternative Pick Double Deck has arrived and if you're a working creative and want to receive a copy email me. I wanted an architectural theme, and was inspired by the lines of several classic structures to create the look. Instead of a slipcase, we opted for a side-by-side shipping carton, which has a semi-gloss finish along with the a similar print on the inside. The boxes themselves are roughly the same dimensions as last year's and feature a spot uv coating on the front titles.

Something that's different is the inclusion of several accordion folded cards which feature the winners from the 5th Annual Altpick Awards. Unfortunately I don't have pics of these, but trust me they're pretty cool. Here are some pics:






Also, I was privelaged to get two cards, one for illustration and one for design. I've posted the design card here because I got to get a white bordered front with a black bordered back, which I thought was pretty cool. So many thanks again to the Alternative Pick and Maria Ragusa-Burfield especially for her guidance on this project. I really feels different from last year's and both stand strongly on their own.

So that's it Blog, see you tonight at the show.