It's a Wrap: Rich Tu x Bombay Sapphire x Tokion

space
Hey there Blog, last week was insane. Here's the short story. On Monday of last week I flew to LA from NYC for the VIP preview of Manifest Equality, flew back to NYC on Wednesday morning to attend my own party at The Griffin for Bombay and Tokion, and then flew BACK to LA on Thursday to close out Manifest Equality as well as take care of some business. I got back on Monday and finally got some real sleep. However, as promised, here's a wrap-up of The Bombay Sapphire event.

I was commissioned to design a one-off Bombay Sapphire bottle. This was a challenge as I've never worked on glass before. However, I tried a couple of different methods, and discovered that custom painted decals were the best way to go. The design itself is definitely aggressive, but I have to thank Bombay for being so supportive of the arts by giving my carte blanche.





For a few of those who attended, they received a custom t-shirt to commemorate the event. Only 72 were printed, in two colors, and we ran out in a few minutes. If you were lucky enough to get one, that's awesome because it will never see the light of day again, hahaha.





And finally here are some shots of the party courtesy of Matt Okpych's camera. When I saw these pics I thought they were so weird I had to use them. I don't know what is up with the dancing lights, but then again, we were all drinking gin, so maybe those lights really were there. Also, The Griffin is an AMAZING space (practically the entire ceiling was a chandelier). Also, there was an open bar for three hours, which is unheard of in the meatpacking district (to me at least).










Thanks to everyone that came, as it was a lot of fun, and made the plane rides worthwhile (and bearable). I was surrounded by a lot of supportive people, and would love the opportunity to do more events like this. I also need to thank Gina, Tshombe, and Matt, because they kicked ass while I was gone and really helped me out. And of course, thanks Bombay and thanks Tokion!