Extreme Takeover in 2010

space
Happy New Year Blog. '09 was great and I got to accomplish a lot of personal and professional goals (but with still so much left to check off). I'm starting off 2010 right with the new episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition airing this Sunday, January 3rd at 8/7c on ABC. I had the honor of helping design a room in the Morris' house in St. Paul, Minn. It was a lot of fun and definitely one of the most rewarding projects of the year. I have yet to see the final results myself, but I'll post screen caps sometime soon. Oh, and did I mention that The Muppets are the guest stars? I'm praying they shoot Gonzo out of a cannon. Here's the official press release:

Capturing the momentum of the Obama administration's focus on volunteerism, EMHE will show that community service is cool again with a new GET ON THE BUS campaign. This is the first season EMHE will have famous celebrities and extraordinary volunteers GET ON THE BUS for the weeks of the house-building". This particular Minnesota build, the MUPPETS joined Ty and the designers, local builder TJB Homes and hundreds of volunteers and workers to give this family the home of their dreams!

As a community, we came together and orchestrated life-changing events for this special family. Sandra Morris showed that family can extend beyond a blood line, and emphasizes the importance of cultural education amongst children. She was not willing to give up her daycare no matter what financial challenges she faced. This episode proves that hard work and persistence pays off! Definitely not one to miss!