Fruity Yummy Munny

space


Good afternoon Blog. Its been a crazy past couple of weeks. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I slept so little, but felt better for it. I just finished another piece for Business Week, which I'll post later. Also, I'm almost done with a televised project that I'll share more about once it comes close to air date.

For today I'm posting a 2+ year project that I began my first semester at SVA. One day I bought a Munny Doll at Kid Robot and made it my personal fruit sticker board. It took a lot of bananas, apples, oranges, and possibly a pear, but he's ready to make his debut in this rough 'n tumble world.

Also, I just received word that I've been nominated for the Swatch Young Illustrators Award at Illustrative 09. I'm so deeply honored, and WISH I COULD BE THERE. But oh well... my only consolation is the upcoming Big Apple Comic-Con. My thanks appreciation to the jury and the other artists involved. For those of you in Berlin, drop me a line and let me know the good word.

If you would like to see or even download my entry PDF, you can do that here:
Rich Tu Illustrative '09... Step Up Yo' PDF Game.