Michael Jackson + Glove + Blatant attempt at getting Google Search hits

Hi Blog. Its somehow August. A big tree was hit by lightning outside my window, and subsequently had to be chopped down. When a big red truck took it away it looked like Abe Lincoln's log cabin was dismantled. Also, there was a huge family reunion recently, and debauchery ensued. Fortunately no flashing lights and gurneys were necessary.

As far as projects go, I'm still working on a couple of long term ones that seem to be taking forever, partly thanks to specific verbiage that constantly changes. Tis life, however, and its fun to work on regardless. One small completed project is a contribution to Death + Taxes Magazine. I've been a big fan of theirs for a while and it was a big deal for me to get inside their pages.

I contributed an illustration for their column "Confessions of an Aging Indie Rock Fan", written by Doug Perkul. For those of you familiar with the column, Doug is fairly acerbic yet truthful and all around entertaining. This issue's topic is the legacy of Michael Jackson, which Doug tackles in his usual style. Personally, I really dig MJ, but wanted to match Doug's energy so I created this:

Now before you go writing your angry letters to D+T, take note that I requested to use this idea and that D+T was awesome for giving me a choice, rare in this business. Also, the chance to comment on a world event with such a hard image was much too difficult to pass up.

So that's about it for now, the issue should be out now, if not soon. I'll see you later Blog, back to the trenches.